Followers

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Light Bobs

About a year ago I purchased some British Light Infantry from Eagle Miniatures to assess the quality of the figures. I have not been disappointed.

https://eaglefigures.co.uk/

Of course, life got in the way getting them painted promptly but never-the-less they are now done.


I took advantage of some late sunshine although today I had to wear a woolly hat and a winter coat to venture outside.


This view shows up some stray static grass which I will hunt down later.


I have chosen them to be 52nd (Oxfordshire) Regiment of Foot as they had buff facings and therefore buff straps and belts, a new option for me.

They will get their colours later.


They are, of course, a Light Infantry Regiment but also performed all the manoeuvres of a Foot Regiment.

What do you think guys?




8 comments:

  1. Jim,

    Nice figures and an excellent paint job. I'd be proud to have such a unit in my collection.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This unit will end up in one of my charity sales.

      I am concentrating my Napoleonic efforts on 10mm as will be revealed in due course.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Must have been a pain to paint with all those swallow nests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a bit of a pain but they are done now.

      I had already painted an 80 strong Light Infantry brigade for the Great Game this summer in Glasgow.

      Delete