Followers

Sunday 1 September 2024

Barnyard Find - Group 2

 This box was as much a surprise as the first box.


24 Carolingian Cavalry, looking brand new when they must be 30 years old at least. (Not a broken lance in sight). Again they are the remnants of an army part completed then abandoned as newer shinier figures came along.


I'm 100% sure these are Minifigs although they don't match anything in their catalogues that I can find.


The code (A6)on the base does not match any listings I can find. I suspect that Minifigs re-did some of the figures in their Dark Ages range hence the discrepancy.


The command figures are subtly different especially the horses.

All in all they could form a significant unit or two in any Dark Ages army with a splash of paint. Off to the lead mountain they will go.




6 comments:

  1. I think they are Carolingian Guard cavalry (DAC20) with DAC22 officer and standard bearer. A6 was an earlier Ancient horse type - Horse of Other Nations. I'm pretty sure that the officers horses are of a later type. I have some and I think they are actually Roman, rather than the later version Carolingian horse. I'd guess, from the fact they have troopers have cast on spears and the earlier horse, they may be from the late 70s?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't disagree with them being from the late 70's, that fits my timeline perfectly.

      I will treat them just as Carolingian cavalry and let their new owner worry about that.

      Now I need to see if anyone produces shield transfers for them.

      Delete
  2. Jim,
    Martin Goddard of Peter Pig is trying to get in touch with friends and family of Derek Hodge. He would like to do a special personality figure to commemorate him - possibly AK47 - but would like to know that the family are OK with that and any suggestions for a figure.
    You can reach him via Peter Pig or the RFCM forum:
    https://rulesforcommonman.uk/index.php
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil

      That is a great idea in my opinion.

      I'll pass this onto Derek's best buddies for comment.

      Jim

      Delete
  3. Those chappies are splendid!

    ReplyDelete