Followers

Friday 17 November 2017

Carolingian - 25mm - Quandary

I have unearthed another part finished collection of figures which I hope to sell.

I understood them to be 25mm Minifigs Carolingians but I cannot find their codes in the online Minifigs catalogue.


28 Heavy Cavalry, Lance armed, includes 5 Standard bearers, based (mostly 3s, some 2s and 1s) and terrained on 40 x 20mm so cannot see the horse figure code.


I think I added the lance pennants.


10 Light Cavalry, Spear, based singly on 40 x 30mm.


These could fit into many Dark Age armies.


9 Bodyguard unit, based and terrained on 18 x 20mm.


15 Staff Slingers, based and terrained on 20 x 30mm.


30 Cloaked Spearmen, based but not terrained, easily rebased.


Spearmen are code CM2, musician and standard bearer are CM5 and CM8.


22 Heavy Spearmen, based but not terrained, codes CM1 and CM6.


28 Heavy Archers, not based, code CM3.

It might be that these are Minifig castings but were remodelled and given new codes at some point.

Can anyone help with that?











9 comments:

  1. I can't help with the question but I really like the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. They are different to the Carolingians I have from Minifigs, and they are much nicer too. I think the Dark Age range must have been re-designed at some stage as I have some slightly slighter Normans and Saxons that are no longer in production that have the code number on the base. If Captain Gruber doesn't want them, I would be very interested .
    kind regards
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your interest is noted, thanks, but I am obliged to give Captain Gruber first choice.

      Delete
    2. Of course, only fair. They will have a good home if Alan has them. But if not, I am very interested!
      all the best
      Mike

      Delete
    3. I think Alan is quite keen on them.

      Delete
    4. Yes, he is! First come first served though! It's the fancy helmets that do it for me.
      all the best
      Mike

      Delete
  3. The current online catalogue codes match the codes of the 'Amies of the Dark Ages' figures in a 30 year old paper catalogue I have - the codes are DA and DAC, Carolingian infantry being DA28-DA33 and cavalry DAC18-DAC21. The figures look like Minifigs though.

    Regards

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob.

      There must have been a re-modelling at some point in time. Anyway the figures have been sold.

      Jim

      Delete