Followers

Friday 10 July 2020

Sands of Sudan - Progressing

The Imperial Forces in the Sudan receive re-inforcement from France.


This row of adobe buildings below are scratch-built using 2mm plasticard.


This row of buildings are MDF from Laser Craft Art. Can you see much difference.

https://lasercraftart.com/cube4/10mm-scale-buildings/10mm-scale-arab-adobe-style-buildings.html

The mosque in the distance is another scratch-build.


The Legionnaires are by Pendraken with mule train (loads are scratchbuilt) and baggage camels.


Rocky outcrops, again scratch built by me, plasticard, cork tiles, plaster, gravel and static grass.


Might do some Englishmen next.

12 comments:

  1. All looking really good Jim and love the scratch built stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve

      I looked around for 10mm arab buildings, some were horrible and some were OK. The OK ones were easy to imitate with some plasticard and wire.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff! I like the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim,

    I was very impressed when I saw your figures and terrain, You are a superb painter and modeller, and I look forward to seeing them in action.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. Most of my 10mm painted figures are a 'con' job. I paint enough of what should be there and your eye/brain fills in the missing bits.

      I have some 28mm figures on order and they will require a higher quality paint finish. I wonder if I can still paint such figures.

      Delete
  4. Very nice scratch built buildings and rocky terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sudan buildings and terrain collection are coming along nicely. I like the pack mules - logistics support is often over looked. Cheers Greg (Delta Coy Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Jim...
    The buildings have come out well...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have a bash at an arcade or perhaps a palace.

      Delete