Followers

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Looking back at The Great Game

The Great Game, the Battle of Waterloo, Glasgow 2019.

A friend of mine brought this to my attention. I played a tiny tiny part in making this game happen but many others played significant roles. Have a look, whether you are a wargamer, a figure painter, a modeller, interested in military history, an archaeologist or just a charitable soul you will find something of interest here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMoTMr2Qk9o&feature=youtu.be

Hope the link works.



6 comments:

  1. Great video Jim. I would have loved being involved in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like that chance has gone, forever perhaps.

      The Coronavirus Reality might make this sort of thing unlikely to take place.

      It was a great day though.

      Delete
  2. Still just as impressive to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great Game was indeed a Great Game and will still be impressive for some time to come.

      Delete
  3. Great video - and I even managed to pick myself out - I was one of the non NZ umpires. A day to truly remember.

    ReplyDelete