Followers

Sunday 22 July 2012

Warlord - The Final Version

This email came to me via my club, it may be of interest to some of you!

It is a game my playing group and indeed several groups within my club have played ever since it first came to our notice in the 70's. We have played it as recently as last year.

For a while we played a very interesting variant which we called Blind Warlord. It involved 5 copies of the game with 4 players with their copy behind a screen showing only their own forces and their enemies in their adjacent territories and the game was updated for each player move via a master board by the umpire and his team of willing helpers. You had to help once before being allowed to play. It brought in a giant version of the Fog of War.


My name is Mike Hayes and this is to give you some advance news. This autumn I am bringing out a new edition of a board game I invented in 1974. First known as The Wargame (red box) then as Warlord (blue box). It was then taken over by Games Workshop and produced as Apocalypse.

Warlord has always been a game of skill never chance. Players bluff, counter bluff, anticipate, deceive, manipulate, mislead, support, trick and betray. The essence of the game remains the same. But changes to the design of the board and to some of the rules mean that this version is even better than the original.

I am producing 500 copies of ''Classic Warlord' with what will be the final version of the Rules of the original game. This limited edition is a quality product. No expense has been spared in the design of the board and the assembly of parts. I hope to keep the price at £60 (plus postage and packaging) but it may have to go up to £70 because of spiralling costs.

If you want to reserve a game and place an order, please contact me at
m.hayes@sheffield.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment