Followers

Friday 27 August 2021

SLUDGE - First Encounter

 I came across this ruleset on the interweb today (actually yesterday or maybe it was the day before).


I found it intriguing so had to read it up. It seems to be a medieval/ black powder intermix with an interesting basing scheme as well as eye-catching scenery.

It gives me something to put all those unused sprues towards, and boy do I have a few of them. I could probably put together two or three (maybe even four) themed armies together from my plastic/metal mountain which obviously helps the budget.

I grabbed a figure from the bits box to experiment with the painting style.


I found this regal looking chap and his horse.


Glued them together with contact adhesive and a spot of superglue gel.


An even coat of matt black, acrylic of course.


I used a limited palette of brown and blue and washed the whole lot in AP Soft Tone.


A brushed on coat of matt varnish didn't come out too well so I'll probably spray him in the next sunshine period. I need to find a killer decal for the shield.

Now I have to put all of this on the back burner as I have two existing projects to get on with. Watch out for SLUDGE in 2022.


6 comments:

  1. A new set to me - I will follow with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have downloaded the PDF. £15 or so.

      Looks promising although I will have to play them a wee bit first.

      They seem to have a Facebook group which I have declined so far.

      Delete
  2. I will check out the rules. I do like the figure. By the way when was the Crimean game with 15mm Peter Laing to accompany the photo exhibition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice figure.

      I wonder how it got into my bits box.

      All the people I would have asked to answer your question are either dead, no longer in touch or have moved away entirely. From my memory it would have to be about 1973 or 1974.

      Delete
  3. It reminds me of the Turnip thing going on especially on the web last year.

    ReplyDelete