Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

Chinese Pagoda

Another Warbases offering complete with golden Buddha.


Sorry, my garden fence is pretty level, my grandsons sandpit table is not.


There's a lot of bricks and a lot of tiles, all hand painted.


Buddha is within.


This is a 10mm Pendraken Austrian Napoleonic unit.


This is a 10mm Pendraken Austrian Napoleonic unit, in a tree lined field.


This is a 10mm Pendraken Austrian Napoleonic unit in a built up area.


This is the built up area without troops.


They are all work-in-progress.


I need to adjust the scaling.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's a lovely model, a bit more complicated that it appears but does the job nicely.

      Delete
  2. Nice pagoda and I must say I love the simple terrain and buildings:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the pagoda.

      The simple terrain is under development, watch this space.

      Delete
  3. Jim,

    The pagoda looks great ... and your 2D terrain has lots of potential. I like the way they fit in the gap that separates the hexes from one another. I look forward to seeing how you take this concept forward.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the principle correct. It now remains to get the execution processed and their implementation into a game.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the same as Bob. Having seen the 2D approach elsewhere, I have been impressed with the 'look' and convenience of such set-ups. I infer that the picture shows a 3-hex built-up area, but how would you 'do' two or one hex BUAs? I can think of ways, but am interested in seeing your approach.

      Delete
    3. Like all good systems the answer is simple. A one hex BUA is a 2 sided terrain piece and a two hex BUA uses two of them.

      Delete
  4. Looks good, Jim.

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete