Regular readers will remember the Ruined Ruined Church.
It looked like this.
I based it on a square of thin cardboard and then glued that card onto a slightly larger thicker piece with a square cutout in the centre.
This stops the building pirouetting on a high spot should the base warp a little.
The walls joined together poorly with big gaps here and there.
I filled the deepest parts of the gap with Milliput.
Later I filled the gap flush to the wall and then incised a stone pattern which blended with the original wall. Once it was painted you could hardly see the join.
I covered the floor with thin squares of cardboard and gave them a wash of plaster, just enough to fill the gaps bit and leave a bit of edge definition. I also added another ruined wall carved from blue insulation foam as well as some rubble heaps and dislodged masonry.
I added some partial roofing timbers made with strips of balsa wood and a few tiles from the tiling sheets marketed by Warbases.
I base painted all the major surfaces using acrylic paint. I also added a few patches of sand glued down with PVA.
I then highlighted various areas by dry-brushing here and there using a variety of colours.
I then made a tree with twisted copper wire, some cut up pot scourer and some masking tape.
I then bent the roots to fit its intended location on the church base,
I added a couple of knocked-in doors from balsa sheet.
I flocked the tree and glued it into place.
A local monk came along to investigate the refurbishment. If he's looking for a fuller restoration then he'll have to pray to a higher power than I.