Followers

Thursday 29 August 2024

Barnyard Finds


 Well, not really but they are a set of boxes (5 in total), covered in dust and spiders webs which I found in the bathroom ceiling void this afternoon. I had completely forgotten about them as it must be at least twenty if not thirty years since I put them there.

A quick peek revealed that some of them are full of original, unpainted Minifigs, 25mm in size, undamaged or abused in any way.

One box has a complete small scale Napoleonic Russian Navy and a few of Nelsons time as well.

It will be fun working out what they really are. I think may need access to an old Minifigs catalogue which I have stashed away somewhere.

Why was I in the bathroom ceiling void I hear you say? The bathroom light needs replacing and I was checking out the state of the wiring before purchasing something that doesn't fit.

Watch this space!


10 comments:

  1. Jim,

    What a wonderful and serendipitous find! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob

      I'm just about to investigate the first box. I think I know what is in it now so I hope to compile a list as another gamer may covet them.

      Jim

      Delete
  2. Jim if any of them are marlburians MAL codes please let me know I am always on the look out for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike

      Unlikely to be any Marlburians in this box as it is overwhelmingly Napoleonic so far apart from a couple of Zulu. I'll keep my eyes open though.

      Jim

      Delete
  3. Always nice to find things from the past. Well, OK, rephrase that a bit. Always nice to find nice things from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob

      I'm hoping that the 'nice' things that I have just re-found are also 'nice' things to someone else. Gotta have something from them for the next flea market.

      Jim

      Delete
  4. Corr.. treasure trove.. ps. online catalogue at the Caliver website as they currently sell them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have been consulting the Caliver listing, most useful.

      The real question is do I paint up these figures for sale (I don't need them); do I buy some more, paint them and sell them. I need to find a 25mm Napoleonic fanboy.

      Delete