Followers

Saturday 23 July 2016

Crew Call

Recently I have been previewing various items from the Warbases product line and I have become a little bit stuck so I put these aside for a while.

I am short of crew(s).

Let me explain.

This is their gallows. I added a hang mans noose made from a bit of twisted wire.


Yes, the trap door opens.


This little switch operates the trap door, assuming you don't glue it shut by accident.


Here's a 28mm figure for scale.


http://war-bases.co.uk/ACCESSORIES/WAR-MACHINES?product_id=1236

This is Madame Guillotine.


Note the lifting rope I added (from twisted wire).


And a 28mm figure for scale.


http://war-bases.co.uk/ACCESSORIES/WAR-MACHINES?product_id=1072

And a real war machine, the Trebuchet.


Ropes made from twisted copper wire and ballast in the counter-weight from gravel.


This is a big beast but then I've seen a real one and it was a big beast too!


http://war-bases.co.uk/ACCESSORIES/WAR-MACHINES?product_id=1250

You will have cottoned on by now that I do not have suitable crew figures for these great little kits.

Building them was easy but crewing them is proving a little more difficult. This is where I need your help.

For the Gallows I obviously need a hang man and a dangling corpse and maybe a priest with prayerbook.

Madame Guillotine would be enhanced with a headless French fop, his detached head, a Revolutionary executioner and maybe another fop in waiting.

The Trebuchet, perhaps, a few Medieval engineer types, nationality not critical.

I look forward to your many and varied suggestions.












3 comments:

  1. Dear Elder Lemon,
    The very nice people at Irregular Miniatures will be able to meet your needs.
    Younger lemon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Irregular might be the people to go to . Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colonel Bills Depot Battalion, The Wrath of God, trio of figures may work - a preacher armed with bible and two soldiers suitable to staff a gibbet. They're C17th.

    Dixon Miniatures Old West range has a hanged man, I believe - though it may be 25mm.

    Great Escape Games, I think, has a hanging set in their Old West range. Their figures can range from big 28mm to smaller 28mm, so I'm not sure about compatibility.

    Redoubt Enterprises has a hanging set in their ECW range, though it may not be suitable as I think it comes with its own gibbet.

    Wargames Foundry - or it's subsidiary, Casting Room Miniatures - have various C18th civilians in revolt that could be used with the guillotine, possibly.

    Medievals aren't my forte, so I don't know of any.

    ReplyDelete